Tuesday 5 March 2024

BREAKING: Facebook and Instagram are down

Facebook and Instagram both appear to be down in certain regions, with Downdetector indicating outages, as well as our own difficulties in logging into the social media apps owned by Meta.

After checking the Facebook app on my iPhone 15 Pro Max, I was informed the session had expired and I needed to log in again. After putting in the password, Facebook appeared to do a virtual hiccup and then tell me there was something wrong.

As a result, this also means Facebook Messenger is also down and boots users back to a login screen where their credentials don't appear to be accepted.

However, I can stil login to Instagram, while some of my colleagues report that they can't. So it looks like the outage is somewhat sporadic.

This story is developing so read on.

So when I try to login to Facebook or Facebook Messenger I get a pop up saying an "unexpected error occurred" and no joy in getting around it. 

Taking a look at Downdetector and Facebook has just had a huge outage spike. 

An image of a Facebook outage in Downdetector

(Image credit: Ookla )

Apparently WhatsApp users are reporting outages too, but my WhatsApp app is working fine. This is odd. 

an image showing reports of WhatsApp outage on Downdetector

(Image credit: Ookia)

it's hard to tell, but it would appear that these outages are partially region-specific. WhatsApp and Instagram are fine for me, but Facebook isn't letting me log in. 

However, others are saying they can't get into Instagram and Downdetector is flagging WhatsApp outages. 

https://ift.tt/Rw7CNG2

No comments:

Post a Comment